Blume Global | September 23, 2020
Blume Global, a leading provider of logistics and supply chain solutions empowered by the largest globally-connected network, today announced the newest members of the Blume Executive Advisory Board (EAB) - Michael Moore and Yannis Skoufalos. The EAB is an advisory team of respected supply chain executives, industry experts, and technology and academic leaders that help shape and define Blume Global's go-to-market strategy, R&D priorities, and product roadmap. Moore and Skoufalos bring decades of experience advising and managing global supply chains for large, public companies that span all modes of transportation. "At Blume Global, we shape our innovation strategy in response to the greatest needs and challenges facing the supply chain today and, in the future," said Pervinder Johar, CEO, Blume Global. "The extensive supply chain and logistics knowledge that Michael and Yannis bring to the EAB is invaluable as we develop and build upon our solutions that enable our customers to create more efficient and effective supply chains in the face of growing demands for digitization and optimization within the industry." Skoufalos spent more than three decades at P&G in engineering and supply network positions, managing and transforming its global supply network of over 60,000 employees, providing P&G with a demonstrable and sustainable competitive advantage. He currently serves as a Senior Advisor to the CEO of Blue Yonder and a member of the Board Directors of Hostess Brands and the Board of Advisors at Symbotic. Skoufalos is experienced in leading diverse, global supply chain teams.
Turvo | April 30, 2021
Turvo, the world's leading supply chain collaboration application, launches innovative new carrier collaboration features as part of the newly released Turvo Collaboration Cloud.
Turvo empowers shippers, third-party logistics providers, and brokers to create the best carrier networks possible by providing an exceptional carrier experience via self-serve carrier invites and fast onboarding, simple offer management, reliable shipment monitoring, mobile offer management with a driver app, and more.
Supply chain managers can increase carrier efficiency, reduce dwell times, maintain supply chain predictability, and foster sustainability by reducing duplication and needless delays when combined with the comprehensive and powerful capabilities of the Turvo Collaboration Cloud.
How Turvo Builds Great Carrier Networks
With innovative technology that provides exceptional customer experiences, the Turvo Collaboration Cloud assists businesses in unifying their supply chain, collaborating more efficiently, and future-proofing their businesses.
"We will onboard a new carrier in a matter of minutes while ensuring that nothing is overlooked," said Chris Wang, CEO of Taimen Transport. "We collaborate with thousands of carriers and are blown away by Turvo's automation and ease of use, along with the Turvo team's expertise and support."
Specific technologies that assist in the design of excellent carrier networks include:
• Rapid Onboarding – 3PLs and brokers with an RMIS integration configured can easily verify, onboard, and assign shipments to new carriers in a few minutes.
• Carrier Dashboards – Purpose-built configurable dashboards enable carriers to collaborate with shippers, 3PLs, and brokers to plan, execute, and bill all in one place with ease.
• Marketplace & Offer Management – Carriers can grow revenue by viewing opportunities and responding to offers from multiple customers in their network in one easy-to-use system on both desktop and mobile.
• Turvo Driver – Native Android and iOS app to help drivers respond to offers, provide automated real-time updates with GPS tracking, schedule appointments, capture documentation such as proof of delivery, and get paid faster.
• Live GPS Tracking – Eliminate annoying and time-consuming check calls with real-time location tracking and secure sharing with key stakeholders.
• In-Context Messaging – Communicate clearly and collaborate efficiently with in-context messaging with language translation to improve the communication experience.
• Document Management – Stay organized with all of the critical documents attached to shipments in one always accessible system.
• Analytics – Logistics managers can quickly review lane performance, profitability, reliability statistics, and more to select the best carriers based on hard data and real-life results.
• Powerful Integrations – Turvo's cloud-native platform unifies systems, people, and processes by integrating with mission-critical systems and data sources, such as FreightWaves SONAR, DAT, ITS/Truckstop.com, and public load boards via Turvo's robust public API and self-service pre-configured integrations.
Turvo offers the world's most advanced collaboration application for the supply chain. Turvo connects individuals and organizations, enabling shippers, logistics providers, and carriers to unify their supply chains, have exceptional customer experiences, collaborate in real-time, and drive innovation. The technology unifies both internal and external systems, offering a single end-to-end approach for both operations and analytics while removing redundant manual functions and automating business processes. Turvo's clients include some of the world's leading distribution service providers, shippers, and freight brokers, as well as Fortune 500 logistics providers.
Turvo is based in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Dallas, Texas, and Hyderabad, India.
Particle | April 29, 2020
Particle, the edge-to-cloud IoT platform built to connect the unconnected, today announced its new Tracking System to provide organizations with the ability to track the locations of a wide variety of mobile assets with its powerful, configurable, extensible and field-ready solution. In a forthcoming study from Particle that surveyed over 1,000 IoT engineers and industry experts, Asset Tracking ranked as one of the top three most in-demand applications for IoT technology.Built on the Particle platform spanning integrated Internet-of-Things (IoT) hardware, edge software, connectivity, and cloud-based management software, Particle's Tracking System empowers customers to track the real-time location of critical assets and capture additional intelligence via sensor data including temperature and acceleration as well as remotely control mobile equipment and vehicles.Asset Tracking operations are critical for both emerging and established industries, including supply chain & logistics providers, cold chain operations, micromobility businesses such as connected scooter & eBike vendors, transportation, and general purpose high-value capital asset tracking and monitoring.